Sunday, July 26, 2009

Granddad's 90th Birthday

We (my parents, David, Austin, Bill and I) piled into my parents' van on Friday morning with southern California as our desination. We were armed with toys, food and the much needed (and grateful for) DVD player. Our friends Andie and Lee lent us their 2 monitor player for the boys.
THANK YOU HENDRICKSONS...IT WAS A LIFE SAVER!

The boys did AWESOME in the car ride. We only stopped a couple times for gas or food and let the boys get out a run around (inside, of course, as it was 118 in Blythe on the way out!)

We stayed with my Aunt Judy and Uncle Efrain; excellent accomadations, of course! Saturday was the family and friend celebration of my Grandad's 90th birthday (my mom's dad). My cousin set up a photo studio in their living room, so those pictures will be posted later.

Here are some pictures of our first 2 days in CA, in no particular order!

This was David the whole day...walking everywhere. He napped for about an hour before the party and then was go, go, go...saying hi to everyone and making new friends! He was dressed in a very nice, but hot, shirt for most of the party; then just his undershirt; then only shorts! Everyone was jealous as we discovered the next day that my aunt and uncle's AC was going out during the party!


My nephews! Chris's sons Jake (14) and Austin (5)


David getting ready for the beach


My Grandad in his new Angel's jersey with my uncle Richard (second youngest) and my cousin Jonathan.

Granddad blowing out his candles! He's earned every year!


Not sure what this face is, but it made us laugh!


My cousin Audrey (cousin Mark's wife-due in about 3 weeks with boy #2) and my cousin (once removed) with her dad, David (my first cousin).


Awww....

Granddad getting food (before he changed into the Angel's jersey)


Kisses for Grandma


Dandad eating breakfast with David and Austin

Our sleepy angel


We played Cities and Kights of Catan every night (but one) when we were there. It was great to play a more advanced version of the game, as Bill and I have Settlers of Catan (the first game in the series), and learn new strategies.


Steph and her cousin Hayden (both are my cousins' kids)

And that's all for the first couple of days in CA
Next up ... Lake Arrowhead, then the beach!

No comments: