I seemed to have misplaced the cord to download pictures and videos from our camera, so this update will be sans pictures. It's around here somewhere...
- He's almost 2!! We can't believe it and have loved every minute of it!
- He loves playing outside in the dirt with his tractors and trucks and finding sticks and rocks. If he looks up in the air and makes the helicopter sound, that's what he's looking for. That, and jets!
- He rarely spends time in the stroller anymore, as he would rather be out walking (running!). When we go to the store, he knows he gets to pick out a cookie ... then he'll sit in the stroller!
- He's starting to put together some more words. I think he said 'big jet' today! He tells us stories all the time and we catch a word here and there. Watching him process has made me realize how hard it is to learn language!
LIAM - Oh, where to begin with our growing and growing AND GROWING little big man!
- Liam just had his 4 month check-up and is doing just fine! He's 26 1/2 inches long (97th percentile) and 15 1/2 pounds (50th percentile) and is developing just fine! He's wearing 9 month clothes. The same ones David wore while cruising around our furniture. It looks so different on Liam who just lays there and plays!
- He was sleeping through the night (12-13 hours) just fine with very few wake-ups. Yes, I said he WAS... until last Wednesday. He started getting up every 3 hours ... then 2 1/2 hours, then 2, then sometimes every hour! He was eating like crazy and I couldn't keep up with him. He was also eating every 2-2 1/2 hours during the day. The problem was this crazy cycle: he'd wake up in the morning still tired, so he'd fall asleep eating and not get enough. So when I'd go to put him down for a nap, he was hungry and wouldn't go to sleep. So I fed him. Only to have him fall asleep eating and not take a very long nap. Thus repeating this cycle over and over again all day long. Made for a tired, hungry baby and a tired, not so happy mom! Until last night: We put Liam down at 7:30 and he woke up at 8:45. ugg. My wonderful, loving, VERY WISE husband decided to try to put him back to sleep. Bill held him, rocked him then put him back down. He cried for a bit, but then went back to sleep. Bill got up with him to repeat this process throughout the night. Eventually we just let Liam cry a bit and he went back to sleep. He slept until 9 this morning and woke up in such a GREAT mood! We may have turned a corner here. I can't even tell you how much this has changed our day! He's been happy, playful, laughing, smiling, and AWAKE!! He's also taken longer naps today! Hopefully, we've turned a corner!
- We started him on baby cereal yesterday. Reason? See above! He's doing well and getting the hang of it!
- He's playing in the exersaucer now! So fun to watch him pull at toys and be able to see everything going on!
OK...so one picture! I took this with my phone today while we were outside!