Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our First Family Outing

David was just 2 weeks old when we took him out with us for some drive time and a simple day on the town. We weren't in any hurry and had a WONDERFUL time as a family and it was a BEAUTIFUL day!

We started our day at our favorite thrift store. David may not know this yet, but he will spend many Saturday mornings there! Before I moved to Colorado, I told Bill that I would need to get some winter clothes. Little did I know that this was a challenge for Bill that brought a smile to his face. He is an expert at finding deals on really nice clothes and gear at thrift stores. I am now MORE than set for winter (although this past winter I wore more of his gear than mine because my belly didn't fit in mine!). David already has some snow suits for the next few winters and we picked up a really nice jacket for him on this trip! For less than a fraction of the original cost for these items...it's well worth it!

We then went out for breakfast and our little trooper slept through the whole meal.

Here's a fun, humbling story: David needed to be changed when we got to the restaurant, so I grabbed a diaper, the wipes and travel changing pad from the diaper bag. Being the beautiful BOY that he is, he peed just as I was putting his new diaper on. He got his outfit all wet. So I just wrapped him in his blanket and had to wait to put a new outfit on him until we got to the car. I did bring and extra set of clothes, I just didn't bring it into the bathroom!

When we finished breakfast, we headed out to the car and laid David in the back of our Yukon to change him. As we unfolded his blanket, his arms went up and, well... you can check out his enjoyment of the sun on his body!! :)





We then went to the Apple store in search of a computer. We're not buying one yet, but know what we want!

We took in some Starbucks, while David had lunch!


It was a GREAT day and David is a great traveller!

1 comment:

Carlee said...

Happy First Father's Day to Bill!