Thursday, May 29, 2008

David's Prayer Angel Bear

Since we left so suddenly for the hospital, we didn't have a chance to grab a bear for David. When Grandma Robbins went to the store to get some snacks for us (and a few cute preemie outfits for our little guy!), she came back with a bear for David. When we pushed the bear's tummy, he said this prayer:
Now I lay me down the sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
May Angels watch me through the night,
And keep me in their blessed sight. AMEN.

When Bill and I first heard this, we had uncontrollable tears falling down our cheeks. At that time, our little David was in the isollete where we couldn't hold him except for feeding times. We felt so helpless and knew we could only turn to our God for strength and peace. Before we left David each night, we let him listen to the bear's prayer and then prayed as a family for David's little body to get stronger and for mom and dad to continue to rely on Jesus to heal him and give us peace; with the understanding that God loves him more than we do. We have continued this since we brought David home. We put him in his craddle, listen to the bear and then pray over our David and for our new family. Although we understand that the bear doesn't keep him safe, it is a reminder to us to fully rely on God to watch over the son He has entrused to us.

Just two nights ago, David was awake when we put him in his bed. He listened to the bear, then closed his eyes and fell asleep!

Here are some pictures of his bear in all the different 'beds' he has been in, including our arms!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill and Donna you both have a very beautiful baby boy!:) He is definitely blessed and loved by all. I asked you mom to give him a big kiss and hug from me. We have been praying for all of you and will never stop.
Love you,
The Lucero Family

Amanda said...

Bill! What a sweet little baby! I'm glad all is going well! I hope you, your wife, and David enjoy the nice summer break! See you back at school! *Amanda Erker* http://specialagentamanda.blogspot.com/