Sunday, December 27, 2009

Robbins Family Update

I'm home ... but without my husband or our Liam :( Bill stayed at the hospital tonight so I could come home and be with David. Liam is doing MUCH BETTER!! PRAISES TO JESUS!! He is keeping his blood sugar up and eating a bunch! He was on 10 units/hour of glucose and is down to 7. Once he gets off the IV, he'll need to be stable for 12-18 hours and then he can come home!! Hopefully by the middle/end of the week. Oh... and Grandma Joy and Dandad come in tomorrow!

David and Grandma have been staying at our house for the past few nights. David does GREAT at their house, but after 2 nights, he was ready to be home. We played tonight and he took a bath. When I sang him his goodnight song, he looked up at me and smiled before putting his head on my shoulder. I missed him a lot and really felt I needed to come home to him tonight. Here he is this morning when Grandma went in to get him!

Liam and I had some 'skin to skin' time this afternoon. His nurse brought over a recliner for me to sit in and have him lay on my chest in between feedings. This is done mostly for premies, but it's good bonding for all kids. Bill really felt he needed to stay with Liam tonight and do his feedings.

I am so thankful for a husband who is a wonderful daddy to our two boys.

Thank you for your prayers!

No comments: