Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Baby Update

We had our appointment yesterday and the baby and I are healthy and growing! YEAH!!

Last week we had an appointment with an NP. After talking with my doctor, it was decided that they would induce this week. Unfortunately, nothing was ever written in my chart AND no one ever called the Perinatologist (high risk doctor - for my heparin) to see what he thought.

Yesterday when we went in, the doctor actually called the Perinatologist to get the opinion of the expert! They decided I should be induced at 39 weeks instead. So when the doctor went to the hospital yesterday afternoon, he registered me to be induced next week.

So...if the baby doesn't come on his/her own in the next week, I will be induced on December 23rd at 8:30.

My last dose of heparin will be the evening on the 21st, so I will not take it at all the day before. This will help with bleeding and I'll be able to have an epidural (I bled a lot with David and wasn't able to have an epidural because my heparin level was too high).

So that's where we are. Kind of crazy to be able to plan an end date and not just wait around for contractions to start or my water to break!

The bummer for us is that we really wanted to avoid having a "Christmas" baby. We didn't want Christmas and birthday to get mixed in together every year. We'll just have to get creative and maybe do 1/2 birthdays every once in awhile!

I think that covers it!

Hope you all have a GREAT week!

Love,
Donna, Bill, David, and BROB 2.0

2 comments:

Wendy Rose said...

I was induced with Lulu and I LOVED being able to plan ahead for it...and in my discomfort, to know there would DEFINITELY be an end to this pregnancy, whether on her own or not! I can't wait to hear the news!!!

Walswicks said...

You're idea of the 1/2 Birthday is a great one (coming from a near Christmas Bday girl). The best 1/2 Birthday I had was the one at Alpine with the crazy scavengar hunt! You guys are wonderful! You'll make that baby feel special regardless if the birthdate! Praying....