Monday, November 23, 2009

Early Thanksgiving (But Late Blog Post!)

A few weeks ago, David and I (Bill was at a youth conference) went to a good friend's house for an early Thanksgiving party with the group of kids and parents we hung out with this summer. This is the same family that had the early Halloween party!

The weather was BEAUTIFUL so the kiddos played outside most of the day. They have a big basketball court area, a sandbox and all kinds and sizes of bikes to ride.

David had a blast as this was the first time we've been there when he's been sure on his feet and we didn't have to follow him around!



(It looks worse than it was!)


I'll try to blog more often, but it might be more pictures than updates!


Regarding BROB 2.0 -

  • At the ultrasound last week (33 weeks), the baby was estimated to be about 4 lbs 13 oz, so he/she is already bigger than David was at 35 weeks.
  • I started having contractions pretty regularly on Friday, so I went to the doctor. They had me on the monitor for 20 minutes, during which time I had 4 contractions (which, of course, averages about every 6 minutes). The doctor (not my regular doctor, but he was great!) checked me out and I have dilated to 2 ... long way to go, but 2 weeks ago I hadn't dilated at all. The doctor could feel the baby's head (that was really weird to me!), but my water hadn't broken and there is still enough fluid around the baby.
  • I passed the mucus plug last night (sorry if that's too much info for the men out there!), called the after hour's nurse and was told to hang tight until my water broke or I had regular, strong contractions 5 or less minutes apart. I didn't sleep real well last night: part nerves, part just uncomfortable!
Thankfully, Bill is home all week on Thanksgiving break!!

2 comments:

Gow_spot said...

love the slide action shot donnie.

and praying BIG time.
can't wait for lil #2 to make his/her debut!

praying for the epi for you too!

=)

Carlee said...

Well....anytime now you could be a momma of 2! YAY! Praying.