Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A missed nap

Here's our normal day:

David wakes up between 6:30 and 7 (he never did make the time change) eats and goes back to sleep until anywhere between 7:30 and 9.  He wakes up and plays for bit, eats breakfast, plays, takes a nap, play some more, eat lunch, play, take a nap, play, eat dinner, play, bath time, go to bed.

Every once in awhile, if that last nap is started too late, he fights and fights it, screaming.  

Monday was one of those days (hence the tired boy and cookie making).

After dinner was ready for mom and dad, we all sat down to eat: David with his mashed bananas, carrots and cereal.

Here was the result:

Yep... our worn-out little man just couldn't keep his precious eyes open any longer!  So we gave him a bath (fed him the rest of his dinner while in the bath!) and put him to bed!




4 comments:

Gow_spot said...

oh my word!
ADORABLE!
i love it!

Carlee said...

Oh David! That is hilariously adorable. It's amazing what a need for a schedule kids have...and how hard they fight it! What a precious little guy!

Anonymous said...

Donna, I was delighted to see the pictures of David!! He is quite the little man! I am so happy for ou evene though we miss you all the time!Give mylove to David and Bill. Bethi

the hayes stack said...

Wow, you guys really wore him out with all of those daily naps and play times!! Alice helped me set up a blog page and put her's and yours on my list. Dan & I loved the picture of David falling asleep!! Our family blog is the Hayes Stack and I posted my first blog this evening!!! What fun!! I hope you both have a great day!! Bye for now, Love Becky