Friday, November 7, 2008

First Food!

While in Arizona, we decided to try giving David his first taste of food from a spoon.  He was a bit confused, but did really well and is getting better each day. 

I often wondered why we were told not to give a baby the cereal in a bottle.  I thought "how can you drink cereal from a bottle?"  Now I understand... If you make it the way the directions on the box indicate, it's WAY runny... it's liquid!

Needless to say, we've made it thicker at home and it has worked much better!


First bite

Going in...
And coming out!
Keepin' it clean!


We've tried giving him a few other foods to try, like Cheerios (thanks for sharing Sally!) and he wasn't interested in them too much.  Last night I gave him a grain of rice from our dinner and he seemed to like it, so I gave him another.  On the third try, I was met with very stiffly closed lips!  I guess he didn't want anymore.  His favorite so far?  Oreo cream!  He's mama's boy...what have I started!

No comments: