Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Scare!

I had a scare this Thanksgiving weekend. I had been sick Friday, so I stayed home from Bill's game on Saturday. We didn't think it would be a good idea for me to sit in the cold for a couple hours! After Bill left (with the cell phone, thankfully), I was just getting ready to make my first apple pie when I started bleeding. I immediately called my doctor's office and was sent to an answering service, since it was Saturday. The on-call doctor called me back and asked a few questions. She determined that since I wasn't crapping or on any potentially harmful medication, that I should just lay down and rest, that it didn't sound like I was, or had, miscarried. She told me to call if the bleeding got worse. I was calmed by my mom and Bethany while resting on my bed. I called Bill and told him what was going on, but that I was going to stay home, per doctor's orders. Nicole (Bill's best friend Chuck's wife) called and was on her way over to hang out and bring some supplies. After laying down for awhile, I realized I was still bleeding pretty heavily. I called the doctor and she told me to go to the ER to have everything checked out.

Bill's game was on the other side of Denver from where we live, so he met us at the hospital later. Nicole took me to the hospital. I was taken back for an ultrasound, to find that everything was OK with the baby and me. We saw the heart beat and the doctor showed us that the placenta was just fine also.
Since I have A- blood, I had to get a shot of RhoGAM to avoid my blood mixing with the baby's. I was going to have to get the shot anyway, they just did it earlier because of bleeding.

So, all is well! The bleeding has stopped and I feel great today! Just a scare for us. Thank you for your continued prayers for the baby and me!

1 comment:

Carlee said...

Oh yikes, those scares are so not fun. Hope you are feeling better and that you don't have too many more of those. However, I have found that in my parenting moments when I have zero control over the situation (particularly medical emergencies), I have to trust in the assurance that God alone is sovereign, He alone is in control, and He loves my chidren more than I ever could. Use those panicky moments to lean on Him and offer your baby's life to God, asking Him to make you a faithful parent during all of the hours God gives the child to you.