Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Awesome Hubby!

Let me just brag for a moment about my husband: He promised me before we got married that he would always have fresh flowers for me. He began this tradition for my 30th birthday this past May. Bill was living in Colorado while I was finishing up the school year in Arizona. While I was eating lunch at work on my birthday, I was told I had a package at the front desk. When I turned the corner I discovered this:

30 red roses delivered to my school on my birthday!

Just to gain a little perspective, here I am trying to hold the gigantic and heavy vase of BEAUTIFUL flowers: Last week I started getting sick in the evenings. I've found that ginger ale helps a lot if I sip on it throughout the day and especially when I feel sick. We didn't have any at home because I had left it at school over the weekend. So on Saturday night, after hanging out with his parents for the evening, Bill headed out to get me some ginger ale. He came back with a few 2 liter bottles and immediately brought me a glass before helping me get settled into our recliner (the only place I feel less sick...sleeping upright). The next morning, I awoke to find these:

2 dozen dark pink roses graced our kitchen. And it's not just these two incidences! I've come home to pink roses, a mix of gerbera daisies, and mixed colors roses.
Now, it's not just the flowers. Bill takes perfect care of me and our home. He's always fixing things and helping to make our house a home. Especially since I've been pregnant with lack of energy, Bill has been going above and beyond. He comes home just as exhausted (after work and coaching) as I am , yet gets down to business helping with dinner (or offering to take us out!), helping with dishes and making sure I'm comfortable and resting when I need to.
I love my husband more now than I did the day we got married. He is giving, loving, kind, caring, and compassionate. I am blessed to live with and love my best friend. I am thrilled to enter into our next stage of starting a family with this amazing man!

1 comment:

Gow_spot said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow- Praise Him all creatures here below- Praise Him above the Heavenly Host- Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost!

I feel like PRAISIN' God for they way that He has blessed us beyond belief with our hot hubbies!

Donnie--- I hear your SHEER JOY and match it with my own-- our hubbies are so sent from above!