Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bath Time, Belly, and Bullets

We're finally back. Kind of. Actually, we never went anywhere, I've just needed more rest during the day and have opted out of blogging and in to rest and sleep. I don't nap everyday, but I've found if I don't take at least a few moments to myself during David's nap, my day is long and I'm wiped out by the time Bill gets home.

Here's the fun we've been having the last few weeks:

BATH TIME - still David's favorite time of the day. He's now taken to standing and feeling the water come out of the faucet. The only problem: The way our bath is set up, he either gets cold water coming out slowly or warm water coming out too fast to play with! He cracks up when we splash him with cold water! I think the shock of the cold makes him laugh because he doesn't know what else to do!

He stands only with daddy. I don't feel strong enough, nor agile enough, to keep him from slipping!
Bubble baths are another favorite!



Just a happy boy!

WARNING: Belly pictures coming! Some of you have asked... here goes!


To answer your questions
1. Yes, I really am only 27 weeks along.
2. No, I'm not carrying twins (or more). At least not that the ultra sound showed nor in listening to the heart beat.
3. Yes, my belly button has popped. Evidently, our belly buttons are held in by our stomach muscles. Since mine were shot after having David and never really got back to normal (do they ever?), the belly button poked out early!

An update on our life:
*We are settling into a routine with Bill back to work at both jobs. He works from 7-3 at the school and does most of his youth stuff from home. He loves being able to hang out in the afternoons when David wakes up from his nap and be with us through dinner, bath time and bed time. He does youth prep stuff in the evenings after David goes to bed. Some nights are really late for him, but he's a trooper and so committed to his family. I fall in love with him more and more every day.

*As the picture shows, I'm getting quite large and slow! For the most part, I feel fine. I've had some trouble sleeping, but taking a Benadryl at night is helping. I'm so thankful David is such an easy kid!

*Bill's parents take David for the day every Thursday. They love the extended time with him and I'm loving the time to get things cleaned around the house and rest.

*David's new favorites:
Football: When he sees it on TV, he lifts his arms up to show "touchdown". My dad can't wait to watch football with him when they visit in October!
Modes of Transportation: Anything with wheels that move! He makes sounds for cars, trains, airplanes, tractors, you name it! When we read books now, he has an eye for these and will find them in the most obscure places!

*In an effort to prepare for 2 kids, David and I have been practicing walking holding hands into stores, church, anywhere we can! So far, there has only been one time that I've had to pick him up because he tried to run away. Today, Grandma Robbins had him and met me at a craft store to pick him up. He was walking holding her hand and I got to see what he looked like walking toward the store! He looked so little, yet so big! Our little boy is growing up!

That's all for now! We'll try to be more consistent in keeping everyone posted!

3 comments:

Carlee said...

He is such a good, happy, fun boy! What a joy. Seeing your belly...well I hurt with you. I so remember. And no, they don't get back to normal. Closer to normal, but not ever the same.

Carlee said...

He is such a good, happy, fun boy! What a joy. Seeing your belly...well I hurt with you. I so remember. And no, they don't get back to normal. Closer to normal, but not ever the same.

Gow_spot said...

ah donnie. bless you and your belly.
its crazy what our bods do... good grief.
have you said good bye to your toes?
cuz you won't be seeing them for another few months.
=)
i was totally the same with daise- big early, belly button out and moving SLOWLY while trying to keep up with sal.
ah the beauties of it all.

hey- just a thought- we bought one of those bath matts for sal- makes a HUMUNGO difference with her wanting to stand sometimes.
in fact as long as she is on the matt- we let her stand.
just a thought.

k girly.
i am gonna go put my feetsies up.
thanks for bloggin- gnight- love ya