Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Weekend Apart

This weekend was our first time apart since David was born.  Bill went to men's camp with our church and had a GREAT time getting to know the other men.  David and I went to the cabin to experience the fall colors.  It's a very short time when the leaves are changing color but haven't fallen yet.  This was the first time I was in the mountains to see this amazing sight.  

Since we drove up Friday night, we weren't able to take in the colors.  The next morning, I looked out the from the deck and saw this:

Later that day, Nicole and I went for a walk (with David and Keena, of course) and couldn't believe what we were seeing!  It was incredible.  The hillsides looked like they were on fire.  Every now and then, we'd see patches of green, patches of red and patches of gold all on the same hill, right next to each other.  It's amazing how some trees change and fall before others, even though they are exposed to the same climate.  God is amazing!

Here are some pictures from our walk:



David can't quite see over the top of the carrier, but LOVES looking around when we walk!  

Thank you, Hartogs, for having David and I up this weekend. I've now experienced the mountains and the cabin in all seasons and I can honestly say that I can't pick my favorite!  

1 comment:

Gow_spot said...

AMAZING donnie!
wow!
thanks for the pix... soo wish we could have been with ya!
sigh.
love you love you love you